Tuesday, April 13, 2010

COAL HOUSE IN LINCOLN VILLAGE"

This is the No. 104 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "COAL HOUSE IN LINCOLN VILLAGE"
Size: 9 1/2 X 11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 100% rag, handmade, German paper.
Everyone in the village had a coal house. That's what kept them warn in the winters. COAL...big black rocks with oil in them, they burned very well. This is the little shed (house) at the back of the yard, backing up to the back ally, when the coal was kept after it was delivered. The coal house is also where you stored tools, fishing equipment, anything that you didn't need in the house. I can remember when the coal house had two doors and a 1/2 wall partition in the middle of it separating the coal of the two families that used the coal house. I can also remember when the coal house was used as a chicken coupe. MA and Pa raised chickens and this is where the chicken roosted. I played a lot in the coal house and even several times used it as a "make out" place with the girls. No I'm not naming names.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comment and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: