Monday, March 8, 2010

"RED INDIAN SUMMER MORNING"

This is the No. 67 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "RED INDIAN SUMMER MORNING"
Size: 22X30 inches
Medium: Transparent watercolor on 140 lb. DeArches cold press paper.
This to me looks like a very warn, calm, serene early morning in a place a long time ago where nothing around was stirring except maybe the animals in the nearby woods.
Indian Summer refers to just that type of day and time usually in the Northeast by the Native Americans who lived there decades ago virtually undisturbed. The term wasn't use by the natives but was first used in the late 1700.s by a writer describing that type of feeling in the early fall of the year.
I love to paint dramatic skies.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: