Saturday, December 11, 2010

"SERENDIPITY" Aberdeen, Mississippi"

No. 361 in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "SERENDIPITY, Aberdeen, Mississippi"
Size: 5X7 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. watercolor paper.
I think this is one of the cutest little houses in Aberdeen. It is located ab out two blocks South of Commerce St. on the side of Meridian. I also think it was probably one of those house that was once much larger. I researched this place in the early 80's and could not find any older photos of it. It was built pre 1850 's. and is in the right place to be one of the larger house being built on lots of land during the building boom of the 1830-1850 period. It is also one of only two houses that I know of in Aberdeen that has extensive Red Glass use of windows, especially around the front doors.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments are appreciated.
MERRY CHRISTMAS

No comments: