Thursday, March 31, 2011

MY WYETH SKETCHBOOK PAGES


SKETCHES FROM MY WYETH SKETCHBOOK ca. 1981
I found this sketchbook the other day as I was cleaning up things at school. I couldn't put it down, it brought back so many memories. These are all on 8X10 1/2 inch sketchbook.
All the sketches were done in 1981 on a trip to Andrew Wyeth's worlds. These were done at Ring Farm in Chadd's Ford, Pa. about 4 miles from Wyeth's house. The home of Karl and Anna Kuerner life long friends and subject matter for Wyeth.
The top drawing in of a stack of buckets setting on a watering trough that Wyeth used in his painting called "SPRING FED"
The bottom drawing is of a gate leaning against the top of the well house near the entrance to Ring Farm.
I am going to post the other drawing in the sketchbook.
I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: