Monday, January 10, 2011

"MEN AT WILSON'S" & "WOMEN AT WILSON'S"


These are two award winning paintings of people from Aberdeen, Mississippi
"MEN AT WILSON'S  & "WOMEN AT WILSON'S"
22X30 inches Watercolor
If your from Aberdeen you probably remember that Wilson's Grocery store was the gathering place for people on Saturdays. Men would usually sit on one side of the door and the women on the other side.
These were painted sometime in the early 80's and won several awards each during their circuit.
Jim Hussey won the "Men at Wilson's" and I don't know where the other one is. I'm thinking I put it behind another painting when I was short on a frame maybe and don't remember where it is. Do you know any of the people in these paintings. Wilson's was one of my favorite place to go to buy ANYTHING or just to visit.

No comments: