Thursday, October 28, 2010

"MISSISSIPPI KUDZU MYSTERY"

No. 318 in my 365/2010 series
Title: "MISSISSIPPI KUDZU MYSTERY"
Size: 4 3/4X 6 1/2 inch image size
Medium: watercolor on 140lb rag paper.
On highway 45 north between Tupelo and New Albany Mississippi the was an old DOG TROT house on the east side of the road that was a landmark, sort of, for all who traveled that road to Memphis regularly. and directly across the highway, on the west side was this Forrest of trees that was covered completely by KUDZU vine. In the 80's when they finally figured out to kill the Kudzu this id what they found. It became quite a mystery because no one could remember ever seeing these structures before. No one knew anything about them. I don't know what ever became of them. I was coming from Memphis one day and was going to stop by to take pictures of the old dog trot and was pleasingly surprised but yet mystified because I knew that the landscape had changed and I certainly would have noticed them before and that's when I realized that they had been covered with the vine the other times I had stopped there.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

1 comment:

carl wayne said...

I remember that house very well. Just east of HIckeory Flat. Thanks for the memories.