Sunday, October 10, 2010

"OLD LEANING HOUSE ON NORTH BROADWAY, OKC."

No. 301 in my 365/2010 painting series.
Title: "OLD LEANING HOUSE ON NORTH BROADWAY, OKC"
Size: app. 8x10
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. watercolor paper.
This was the first thing I decided to paint, 34 years ago, when I first drove into OKC. It was such an imposing feature on the landscape, I stopped and too a roll of pictures from every angle, thinking that if I did not get the job I was interviewing for, that this building would be a winning subject matter. I did take the job and over the years this house was a winner for me several times. If you look very close to the left of the building you can see the OKC skyline The structure burned in the late 80's. The night it burned channel 4 did a photo-log about it using 14 of my paintings of the building to the song, Burn Baby Burn. it was good.
I do hope you like what I do. Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: