Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"ADAM-FRENCH HOUSE ca. 1855" ABERDEEN, MS."


No. 221 in my 365/2010 painting series.
Title: "ADAM-FRENCH HOUSE ca 1855 ABERDEEN, MS."
Size: App. 11X14 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 100% handmade rag German paper.
All the time I lived in Aberdeen, this was the Masonic Temple. I have painted it many times. I have never been inside this house, one of two that I have not been in in Aberdeen. The present owner, Dwight Stevens was going to give me a tour in June but we couldn't make it happen. My father-in-law lived in this house when he first moved to Aberdeen in the early 40's, it was a boarding house at that time. It has been restored after a fire a few years back and is so commanding of the area where it is located. Can't wait for that tour, maybe next year.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: