Tuesday, July 27, 2010

"STRIPPED MACAWS"

No. 227 of my 365/2010 painting series.
Title: "STRIPPED MACAWS"
Size: 22X30 inches
Medium: Watercolor and acrylic on 140lb. cold press paper.
This is one of four paintings that I'll be posting the next four days. They are in preparation for one of my 5 day workshops in 'RETEACHING COLOR THEORY AND DESIGN".
This piece and tomorrow piece is from the same drawing of 5 Macaws. This piece emphases the design principle of LINE. Meaning that the first impression made upon the viewer should be LINE. If you look closely at the five round spots in the painting, these are the eyes of the birds. Have fun tracing their outLINE. This piece also uses line in all forms, broken, wavy, curvilinear, modulating, variegated, implied and centritcic. The black ovals are not eyes but nostrils.

1 comment:

Wayne Carter said...

I studied the artwork before reading what you wrote...I can see fish more readily than macaws.