Sunday, August 8, 2010

"AMORY, MISSISSIPPI HOUSE"


No. 239 in my 365/2010 painting series.
Title: "AMORY, MISSISSIPPI HOUSE"
Size: App. 9X12 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140 lb. cold press paper.
This house is in Amory, Mississippi.
I do not know exactly but it somewhere near downtown. I worked from a black and white Polaroid taken some where in the late 60's or early 70's. I was going to do a one-man show in Amory so I went to research the architecture and history of the Amory. I wanted to include some of the scenes of Amory in the show. I got sick and the show was never hung. Maybe another day??? Anyway, for some I remember the house being a very light yellow with a this rich green roof. Mississippi friends, any info on this house?
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

1 comment:

Brendan said...

Hi there.. The last few days we have been checking around the house.. we believe this house is haunted,Theres many cars around this house. like 15 or 20. We believe this house is haunted. theres been some really weird things going on around this house.