Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"ANOTHER OLD DARRICOTT CHURCH" MONROE CTY, MS.

No. 331 in my 355/2010 series.
Title: "ANOTHER OLD DARRICOTT CHURCH" MONROE CTY, MS.
Size: App. 11X14 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. watercolor paper.
This is how this building looked in the late 60's-early 70's, I believe it was on the west side of the road. I know there were several church out that way and I got photos of most of them some where, I seemed to have lost a couple of boxes of photos. Things come to mind and lately I haven't been able to find what I know is hanging around somewhere. Oh well. If you know the name of this congregation or can relate any storied about it. Please do.
I hope you like what I do. Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

2 comments:

Leigh Mobley said...

Mr. Anderson: I know exactly where this church was.. I don't know the name of it or anything but it is very very close to my mother and father in laws house.. it has now been torn down.. it was across the street from the Darracott Cemetery..

arni said...

Leigh,
Thanks for your comments.
Who is your Mother and Father- in-law?
and wasn't there a church also across the street and in that cemetery your talking about or not?