Thursday, November 11, 2010

"WAVERLY"

This is No. 332 of my 365/2010 painting series.
Title: "WAVERLY"
Size: 8.5x10 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. watercolor paper.
There is much more FICTION about this place than there is FACT. Google Waverly for some excellent reading regarding the paranormal surrounding this place.
In Jan. of 1970 I was working with The Aberdeen Examiner and did a story about the architectural wonders of this beautiful mansion. Not realizing that I would get a little more than that. I met Robert and Donna Snow who had bought the place about 8 years earlier and was restoring it to live in and maybe have tours of it later. Mrs. Snow was so gracious to take me all over the house, hinting that t might be haunted. Be sure to read all about these paranormal events that began in 1970, especially about the little girl. That was not the focus of my story. My story was the architecture. It was and still is a marvelous place to see.
It was built in the Greek Revival Style with architects and artist from all over Europe's influences. That's a trick for 1852, the year assigned to it's beginning. It was the brainchild of a Colonel George Young from Georgia. I had the great privilege of taking two of my grandsons there for spring break in March of this year.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: