Sunday, November 7, 2010

"THE PLAINVIEW HOTEL ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"

No. 328 of my 365/2010 painting series.
Title; "THE OLD PLANTATION HOTEL, ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"
Size: App. 4x6 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. rag paper.
The old Plantation Hotel was being torn down when i arrived in Aberdeen. But it had gone through many changes over the years. I have pictures i took of it and it had entirely different columns on it in the 60's
This painting is a composite of two VERY tiny pictures of it that I got from Miss. Peacock around 1983.
One was of just the top of it over another building and the other was the right side of the porch running down the west side of the building.
Ellis Harris was the last owner of this building. It was located over near where the Kroger Store is now.
I do hope you like what I do. Comments are appreciated.

No comments: