Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"THE HICKMAN HOUSE, 403 HIGH STREET, ABERDEEN, MS."

No. 344 in my 365/2010 series.
"THE HICKMAN HOUSE, 403 HIGH STREET, ABERDEEN, MS.
Size: App 8.5X11
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. watercolor paper.
This is the house where my wife Nina Lee grew up. I have more fond memories from this house than you could ever imagine. I love to hear Nina tell stories about this place and the neighborhood. Most of all I love the stories about her friends she played with that live close by. Alice, Larry, Amos, William, Sally Ann and many more. My favorite has to do with "SMOKING" grapevine and setting the play area behind the house on fire.  One of the first things I noticed about the house when I first came to visit was the little CHRISTMAS TREES that were cut into the shutters beside the windows. BTW I do have on My first Mickey Mouse Christmas tie for the season. I will wear a different Mickey Mouse Christmas tie, every day from now till Dec. 25th. Just a thing I do.
I do hope you like what I do. Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: