Saturday, February 20, 2010

"CUT-ALLEY AT BARRELL AND MERIDIAN, HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA"

This is the No. 51 painting of my 365/2010 series.
Title: "CUT-ALLEY AT BARRELL AND MERIDIAN STREET, HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA"
Size: 9x11 inches
Medium: watercolor on handmade Germany paper
This is the first dwelling or apartment in the row house on the North side of Barrell street in the Lincoln Village of Huntsville, Alabama. I believe the Daniels, lived in this one. A cut-alley is a short alley way connecting two other back alleys behind and in between the main streets.
I lived on the North side of Barrell st. across and down about 5 houses.I was born there and lived there for the first 14 years of my life. It was a wonderful place growing up. Many fond memories of Lincoln Village.
I do hope you enjoy reliving these experiences with me. Comments and remarks are appreciated.

No comments: