Monday, February 22, 2010

"OLD ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI DEPOT

This is the No. 53 painting of my 365/2010 series
Title: "OLD ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI DEPOT"
Size: 7x10 inches
Medium: Watercolor on handmade German paper.
You can still see this old train depot on the east bank of the Tombigbee River dam. It is blocked from view on the road Amory by way of the Marina. It is behind a clump of trees as you make the first big curve to your right. Not the first curve to your left, but the 2nd curve, the first to your right. You can see a small gravel road leading to it. There is a chain link fence protecting it somewhat. I've never seen the inside of it but I would love to. Since all the dam construction you can hardly tell the location of where the old Taylor store use to sit but old timers
can tell you. I would love to h ave access to some old UNPUBLISHED photos of that store to refresh my memory of what it was like the first time I saw it. The railroad track in this picture are no longer there.
I hope you enjoy what I do. Comments and remarks are appreciated.

No comments: