Sunday, February 28, 2010

"WYETH'S KUERNER HOUSE"

This is the No. 59 painting in my 365/2010 series
Title" "WYETH'S KUERNER HOUSE"
Size: 7 1/2x 9 1/2 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches cold press paper
This is one of the places that Andrew Wyeth spent about half of his life painting, probably a little more than half. He was born about a miles walk from here in Chadds Ford Pennsylvania. Andrew became a friend of the Kuerner's when he was a small child and painted the Kuerners and the things around their "RING FARM". That was the name given to the land by Karl Kuerner the first time he saw the place. Karl was a German immigrant. He and his wife and children lived there and as far as I know the family still live and own the house they were there in 1981. That's when I met one of the daughters and a very sick and frail Anna Kuerner. Anna Is the only person I ever wanted to paint or photograph that I have not done YET! When I asked her if I could take a photo of her she said "I had daughter not, I'm Andrews model" and I had to respect that. usually by this time I've gotten off a whole roll of any subject i want to do. Anyway,
This place and a the Olsen house in Cushing Maine is where Wyeth did all his work. Wyeth's biographers all agree that most everything he painted is done from within 5 miles of one of these places.
The top floor room at the top of the picture is Anna's Room. You may see it again. and Anna!!
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: