Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"THE OLD ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI HIGH SCHOOL"

This is the No. 111 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "THE OLD ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI HIGH SCHOOL"
Size: 5X7 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches cold press paper.
This is another on of the smaller paintings in my series.
Have you googled Aberdeen High School, lately. If you remember fondly this building, you probably don't want to.
I googled ever which way I could think of and only found one picture of this structure. What a shame.
This beautiful structure sits on the North side of Commerce St. on a beautiful boulevard and just a few blocks from downtown Aberdeen.
This is how it looked about 1964, the first time I saw it.
It is now the Middle school in Aberdeen.
My wife attended school in this building, and I know many of my FB friends did.
It's roughly done but I hope it brings back a LOT of memories for many of you.
I hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.
Check out my website. www.arniandersonartworks.com

2 comments:

Steve Martin said...

Arnie,

Great art. Would like to see others on a web site and maybe buy a couple, particularly of Aberdeen. I have lots of old photos of people, places and things in Aberdeen, and I have taken a lot of more recent photos there too. If you want to do some art of Oddfellows Rest Cemetery, I can send you some to photos of interesting tombstones.

arni said...

steve would love to see some of your photo. I have hundreds of the cemetary from the 60 to this march.
Please go back and look at all my aberdeen things since the first of the year. I've done several of the aberdeen places. Many more to come in this series.
Thanks for all your comments.