Sunday, April 4, 2010

"OUR FIRST HOUSE IN SEARCH, ARKANSAS" actually Judsonia

This is the No. 94 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "OUR FIRST HOUSE IN SEARCY ARKANSAS" actually Judsonia.
Size: 9X11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 100% handmade German Paper.

In 1972, Nina and I decided that Me teaching school, which was what I had always wanted to do, was the thing we were going to do. We headed for Harding College in Searcy, Arkansas with a very little girl, She would work I would finish as fast as I could and we would move on. Our first rental place we were going to live did not look so good. We found this this place or I really should say God just meant for us to have it. so we bought it. How? We will never know. Anyway. It is really in Judsonia, Arkansas. just down the road from the school about 4 miles, not a bad drive for the deal. If you don't know Judsonia, Arkansas has been leveled 4 times during it's history by Tornados. We didn't know that either. So the first night we we in the house, You guessed it a big tornado. The next morning we found a cow in our back yard. Someone came and got it, i guess it was theirs. So began a very good experience while I finished school and live there two years teaching.
We had lots of friends to our house and many great memories are still hanging around that were made there.
I do hope you enjoy what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: