Wednesday, December 8, 2010

"FOOTE PLACE AND LEAF PLUMBING CO."

No. 358 in my 365/2010 series.
Title: FOOTE PLACE AND LEFT PLUMBING CO."
Size: 8.5X11inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. watercolor paper.
I need help here, Is this Prairie, Mississippi? I found this sketch in an older sketch book under Ghost Towns. I think I remember doing it on a photo shoot in Prairie. But I'm just not sure. I do remember it is on  the south side of the street looking north and I'm looking southeast. The sign on the corner building says "Foote Place and Pool Beer Food." The sign on the building to the right says " Leaf Plumbing Co." there was also a large sign, almost invisible, that advertised some company that sold furniture. Furniture was the only word I could make out. This was done sometimes in the early 60's. 

No comments: