Saturday, December 18, 2010

"THE STRWAWBRIDGE HOUSE, ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"

No. 365-D in my 365/2010 series  
Title: "THE STRAWBRIDGE HOUSE , ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"
Size: 5X7.5 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 149lb. cold press paper.
This house is located on the NW corner of Long and Commerce st, in Aberdeen, Mississippi. I've only known it as the Strawbridge House because that's who lived there when I sold insurance in Aberdeen, in 1965. I know there is another name on a sign in front of it, anyone know for sure what it says, Name and Date. I believe someone a few years back tried to run a B&B out of it.
I love the big round porches on the house.
This is my post for Tomorrow the 19th. I'll be up and headed for Arkansas so I'm getting it posted as I've just finished it.
I do hope you enjoy what I do I love all the comments and remarks you make. Please keep them coming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Arni, you have the location of this house wrong. It is on the NW corner of Commerce and Franklin St. The location you are stating holds the Aberdeen Elementary School. Must