Thursday, December 30, 2010

"THE TURNAGE HOUSE, ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI'

No. 365-N in my 365/2010 series
"THE TURNAGE HOUSE, ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"
Size: 5X7 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. paper.
This house has a "NAME" in front of it but for the life of me, I do not remember it and neither can I find it on Google. Some one tell me please. When I move to Aberdeen, in 1964 the Turnage family was living it it and that what I have always called it. It is definitely on my top 10 list of favorite houses in Aberdeen. It is located on Franklin Street (SILK STOCKING ROW). I have painted this house several times and that's why I wanted to just paint the tower with the beautiful trees and fence with it this time. Mike Smith, who went to college with my wife, owned the time I knew the owner, he still may own it.
Tomorrow is the last of my 365 series. and I hope to post probably a piece with , little know, but possibly the most significant, ART wise, piece in Aberdeen.
I do hope you have enjoyed this journey with me.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments: