Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"SILK STOCKING ROW, ca. 1900, ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"

No. 3565-F of 365/2010 series
Title: "SILK STOCKING ROW, ca. 1900, ABERDEEN, MISSISSIPPI"
Size 8.5X11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. paper.
This is done from one of the pictures Miss Peacock gave me to work from when I did the McDonalds store in Aberdeen, Mississippi in 1983. It is a scene of a lawn, tea or garden party on the lawn at the N.E. corner of Franklin and High streets in Aberdeen, Mississippi. When I got to Aberdeen in 1964 the third house in the photo was gone and I have never scene a photo of it. The other are still standing and are as pretty as ever. When I was living there the Robinson's lived in the first house and the
Turnages  lived in the last one showing. When McDonalds redecorated ,4-5 years back I bought back the 3X4 feet painting of this and gave it to my brother. He said if they ever got rid of it he wanted it.
I do hope you like what I do.
MERRY CHRISTMAS...
appreciated.

No comments: