Friday, May 14, 2010

" THE ADOBE IN ABERDEEN"


This is the No. 143 painting in me 365/2010 series.
Title: "THE ABODE IN ABERDEEN"
Size: App. 8X11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches cold press paper.
When I first arrived in Aberdeen in 1964 all; the Victorian and the large plantation home grab my attention first. The one day this little house, nestled back off the street a little further than the rest, caught my attention because it just didn't belong. BUT that was only for a second. Questions, Who had been out to where the abodes had the post sticking out of the top of the house? Who came back and said I want one of those with the twisting columns built right here?
It became my favorite for a long time. Do you remember ever seeing it painted pink?
When I was living there I always wanted to decorate it for Christmas. Trim the tops with Christmas Green and paint garland draping around the top. of course the twisting columns would be red and white candy canes.
It was always Dr. Martins house.
I believe my FB friend Steve Martin lived there.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: