Monday, May 31, 2010

"OBSERVATION SLITS, MILITARY ARSENALS AND THE MAING OF VETERANS"


This is the No 160th painting in my365/2010 painting series.
Title: "OBSERVATION SLITS, MILITARY ARSENALS AND THE MAKING OF VETERANS"
Size: App. 11X14 inches
Medium: Watercolor on hand made Germany paper.
You may think it strange in the way I'm choosing to express my remembering or my memorial to all veterans everywhere.
The tile is the translations of the two words shown here.
I grew up with relatives and friends who were veterans talking about the horrors of war and the status of themselves as veterans. They all hated the guy who made them veterans, the same guy that made the awful thing pictured here. He was a maniac and in my opinion could easily be one of the Antichrists spoken of in the book of Revelation in the Bible. The story of the Jewish persecution, Holocaust, always frighten me as a child and when I saw the image pictures here chills went up my spine, thinking about the horrible things war causes.
This horrible sight is in the tunnels under Hitler's southern command post in Berchesgarten, Germany. It is ironic that the most horrendous images in my mind came from the most beautiful place I've ever seen.
See painting #5 in this series. May god bless every veteran from all over this planet, but especially those I've know who served in the U.S. Military, in WW2, the Korean War, Viet Nam War (not a conflict) Dessert Storm and the Wars being fought as I write this tonight. Thanks to you for keeping sites like this from our continental United States.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: