Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT N ALABAMA"


This is the No. 161 painting in my 365/2010 painting series.
Title: "FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT IN ALABAMA"
Size: App. 8X11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. rag paper.
I am really a frustrated architect and if it hadn't been for my poor math education in middle and high school I would have been on.
F.L Wright has always been one of my favorite American Artist and I thought I knew every thing about him. All my papers in High school and first year of college were done on Wright.
I did not know till a few year ago that he had anything in Alabama. I did a workshop for the Florence Alabama art community and one of the girls in the work shop said, in passing, that she lived near the Frank Lloyd wright house and I questioned that. She was right, about Wright!!!
The house is the Rosenbaum House built in 1939 and it is the only thing of Wright's in Alabama.
The girl later sent me a video of a documentary airs on the Alabama Public Network. It is really good.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

1 comment:

Kathwell said...

Arni, We actually got to talk to Mrs. Rosenbaum. She's a lovely lady with lots of stories about FLW. AS you know he designs furniture to go along with his house designs. Mrs. R said most of his furniture had dramatic angles that were uncomfortale and even dangerous for her 4 little boys. When they visited him to design an addtion to their home, she noticed that he had comfortable upholstered furniture from the department store. Florence has done a wonderful job of restoring this unique home - the only Usonian for which he designed an addition.