Sunday, June 13, 2010

"ATHENS JAIL, MONROE COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI"


No. 183 of 365/2010 series.
Title: ATHENS JAIL, MONROE COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI"
Size: App. 9X11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on DeArches 140lb. cold press paper.
This is how the jail saw it the last time I took my mother-in-law to Hatley.
She always wanted to go to Hatley just to look around and visit some friends every time I went to Aberdeen to check on her.
This is one of the few buildings that I have encountered that I liked it better before they renovated it.
I love it the way i have pictured it in this series in the 60"s. The house look with the gingerbread in the gable. I have been told that the first floor and the basement in this building is several feet thick. I've never been inside it so I don't know.
Thanks for looking, and I do appreciated all you're remarks and comments.
To see more award winning works go to www.arniandersonartworks.com

No comments: