Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"BISON"


This is the No. 186 of 356/2010 series.
Title:BISON:
Size: 22x30 inches
Medium: Watercolor and rabbit glue on DeArches 140lb. watercolor 100% rag, cold press paper.
A symbol of the old west and found a lot in Western Oklahoma, where I roamed, a week or so ago. He is a magestic animal.
Yhis technique involves outting dowm layers of rabbit glue on the paper first and then between layers of each color of watercolor you use in your work. of coure drying each layer before applying the glue. 4 colors were used here, Yellow ochre, burnt sienna, permanent brown and lamp black. layers of colored are applied from lightest to darkest, black being on top.
The you start lifting out and blemnding colors with water and the same paints. You can take the colors all the way off back to the white paper if you want to.
It is time consuming but well worth the disipline it take to do it. I do hope you "KISS" your subject when you tackle this. K.I.S.S. = "Keep it simple stupid..UHH I mean STUDENTS. Keepit sumple students"
My young students like me to use this. They laugh a lot.
I do hope yoiu like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: