Friday, June 18, 2010

"DEVIL'S CANYON"


No. 188 of 365/2010 series
Title: "DEVIL'S CANYON"
Size: App. 10X14 inches
Medium: Watercolor on DeArches 140lb. cold press paper.
Yesterday was Northwestern Oklahoma, today is Southwest Oklahoma.
This is Devil's Canyon, located between Hobart and Altus Oklahoma. It is federal protected land and No one is allowed into the canyon without Federsl permission. I have been in the canyon twice one alone and roaming before I saw the signs telling me not to0 be there. I came in the back way. with directions from Native American old times in the area. The second time was with my son John when he was 14-15 years old and a Federal marshal who knew of my interest in the area.
Had a great time but felt the ancient spirits of the Spanish explorers who left untold treasures in the canyon.
I do hope you enjoy what I do. Looking forward to Catfish with FB friends tonight in Mississippi.
Comments and/or remarks appreciated.

No comments: