Sunday, June 6, 2010

"CONASTOGA WAGON"


This is really the post for June ,6 2010. It is the No. 176 painting of my 365/2010 series.
Title: CONESTOGA WAGON"
Size: 8.5X11 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. rag paper.
This old broken down Conestoga wagon from around the turn of the century was sitting out in the field behind the motel I was staying at in Altus, Oklahoma. Just couldn't resist it. The original photo of this was published in a coffee table book published by a television station in OKC to raise money for an organization back in the early 90's. It was a book of selected photographs about images of Oklahoma. I had two images accepted for that book.
This, and the car, posted today, are going to be the first in a series of modes of transportation.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: