Monday, June 21, 2010

"SAINT JOHN'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH, ABERDEEN, MS. CA 1851"


This is the No. 191 of 365/2010 series.
Title: "SAINT JOHN'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH, ABERDEEN, MS. CA. 1851"
Size is 12X15 inches App.
Medium: watercolor on student grade 90lb. paper.
This is probably the 2 nd building to make an impression on me when i pulled into the town of Aberdeen, Mississippi one summer day in June of 1964.
The Ruben Davis was the first.
I have been inside this little building only twice and each time so inspired and moved by it beauty.
The date given here is from the plaque in front of the church.
It is OLD!!!! and the windows are as pretty as the Tiffany windows around the corner in another church. Watch for that painting.
I do hope you like what I do.
AND NOW, I want to ask your help with another project I want to do.
Would you tell me any stories, factual or fictional about this building or any events, personalities or general information about this place that you think might be interesting reading for everyone.
Thanks for those in advance.
As always, Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: