Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"ANNA'S ROOM, CHADDS FORD, PA."


No. 193 of 365/2010 series
Title: "ANNA'S ROOM, CHADDS FORD, PA.".
Size: App. 8X14
Medium: Watercolor on 300lb. hotplate illustration board.
This is the Anna that Andrew Wyeth used for many of his paintings done at Chads Ford, Pa. I met Anna on my trip to New England back in 1981. She is the only person that I ever wanted to paint that I have not done so. I asked her if I could take some pictures of her to use and very faintly she said "No, I'm Andrew's model", and I just couldn't do it.
There is a time that I will do it though.
This is the house at Ring Farm. The place that was owned by Carl and Anna Kuerner. less than two miles from the Wyeth place on the Brandy Wine River. To see a lot more of this place and Andrew Wyeth's work get the book " Wyeth at Kuerners" It a great book.
I do hope you like what I do.
Please add comments to my pages. and thanks.

No comments: