Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"EWELL WEAVER'S HOUSE, HATLEY, MISSISSIPPI"


This is the No. 178 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "EWELL WEAVER'S HOUSE, HATLEY, MISSISSIPPI"
Size: App. 8.5X11 inches.
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches cold press paper.
Ewell Weaver was a relative of My wife Nina, a second cousin. Ewell called me one day, I had never met him, and said that he was an artist and need some help in making acrylics work. Naturally I was obliged to help him. When I got to his place, I fell in love with how he had tried to make the place look good, little touches like the large pink flowers he had planted around his yard and hose and his bright blue truck parked next to the house. Look for the back side of this place in the future. Yes, we did get Ewell on the right track with his acrylics.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: