Saturday, May 22, 2010

"THE BACKSIDE OF CHRISTINA'S WORLD"


This is the No. 151 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "THE BACKSIDE OF CHRISTINA'S WORLD"
Size: App. 16X20 inches
Medium: watercolor on 90lb. all purpose paper.
I bet most of you there have seen a painting of the other side of this house. This is the house in Cushing, Main that is pictures in one of America's most famous paintings by I think the best American artist ever.
My painting is the other side of the house made famous by ANDREW WYETH in his painting titled "CHRISTINA'S WORLD. Wyeth's painting has appeared in more psychology books than you can shake a stick at. In this painting there is a girl in a very pale pink dress crawling toward this house in the grass. she looks like she's a long way from the house and struggling to get back. That's what the "Psychologist" have fun trying to analyze. Shouldn't be done, in my opinion. That's not what Wyeth intended.
To Long for the story about the painting here. Interested let me know and I'll tell you that story.
Anyway I visited both places where Wyeth painted 99.9% of his work and this is what I first saw when I arrived in CHRISTINA'S WORLD. An amazing journey walking in her world. will never get over the impression made on me while there.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are welcomed.
Sorry this is posted so late in the day. Been a very busy ART morning.

No comments: