Saturday, May 29, 2010

"SAN ANTONIO/SAN AUGUSTINE MISSION NEW MEXICO"


This is the No. 159 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "SAN ANTONIO/SAN AUGUSTINE MISSION, NEW MEXICO
Size 12X14 inches
Medium: watercolor on 100% rag, hand made German paper.
This is one of the oldest mission churches in New Mexico. It's located Just south of Rt. 66 outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico on the Isleta Pueblo. Originally established around 1612 and rebuilt similar as you see it around 1716. It is know d=for it's changing appearance over the centuries. The pueblo was established somewhere in the 1200 to 1300's when the Spanish missionaries came to minister to the Southwest Native American Indians.
Remember I've go about 30 of these little mission churches in New Mexico that I really want too paint.
I sure hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are welcomed and appreciated.

No comments: