Friday, May 21, 2010

"PLIEN-AIRE NEAR LAKE HEFNER.


This is the No. 150 painting in my365/2010 series.
Title: PLIEN-AIRE NEAR LAKE HEFNER'
Size: 16X20 inches
Medium: Acrylics on canvas board.
The true plien-aire painters in he late19th and early 20th centuries rarely painted out doors for more than 30-45 mins.

This one was done in about 30 mins.Each summer i put about 20 canvases in my truck with my acrylics and my max oils and when I'm out traveling or looking for things and I see something i think might make a very nice studio painting, I'll stop set up and only allow 30 mins to so the piece. Not many of these ever get to the larger version. I'm usually just happy with what i got in the shot version.

The plien-aire artist of the impression and expressionist eras. were interested in the effects of light on their subject and when painting the light changes so much so quickly that the painting never was completed in the way it was started. Thus the term plien-aire, how the light was when i started with little change in the effect that that I originally wanted to create.
Look for several of these from my trips to Alabama and Mississippi this summer.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: