Sunday, May 2, 2010

"THE GLACIER AT LAKE LOUISE"

This is the No. 122 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "THE GLACIER AT LAKE LOUISE"
Size: 22X30 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches 100% rag paper.
In 1961 my son John and I were singing in a men's chorus and we won the districts and wen on to the Internationals in Calgary, Canada. On of the things that I had to do while in Canada was to see the glacier at Lake Louise. I almost did not get to but for the literal GRACE of GOD. I got to see it for about 15 Min's. It was the most DIRECT INTERVENTION of God in my life that I've ever experience. For those friends of mine who do not believe in such things, don't even bother to ask but for all of you that do BELIEVE I would love to share that part of this experience with you, and I hope to get to one day. We were in Canada for 5 day, practicing from about 8-10 each morning and from 1-10 each night before the competition but all the other times I rented car and covered almost 4000 miles from Calgary to the Colombian Ice fields in Northern Alberta. A most magnificent adventure.
I sure hope you enjoy what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: