Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"THE ELK CLUB - JOHNSON HOUSE"

This is the No. 140TH> painting in my 364/2010 series
Title: "THE ELK CLUB - JOHNSON HOUSE"
Size: App. 11X14 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 100% handmade rag paper.
This house was gone by 1964 when I moved to Aberdeen. I never got to see it but it must have been such an impressive structure. My wife remember it. It was on Commerce ,and I believe James Street. Please tell me exactly if I am wrong. It was where one of the federal buildings now stands. My wife thinks this is the house that the Johnson's lived in. And on the photo Mrs. Peacock gave me, is written that "Alice will be here this weekend..." Alice was the Johnson's daughter that I met when we moved to Edmond, Oklahoma in 1976. Alice's husband was the Li brain at Oklahoma Christian when I went there and Alice and Malcom Hinckley lived right around the corner from us. YES it is a small small world. This house was also the Elk Club of Aberdeen at one time.
The photo I used was of course a black and white one but I bet at one time the house just had to have been painted yellow trimmed in white. That's what it feel like to me.
I do hope you like what I'm trying to do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: