Thursday, May 20, 2010

"BETWEEN HATLEY AND SMITHVILLE MISSISSIPPI"


This is the No. 149TH painting in my 365/2010 series
Title; "BETWEEN HATLEY AND SMITHVILLE MISSISSIPPI"
Size: 15X22
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches watercolor paper.
This was painted from an early shetchbook. It was sketched on site in the late 70's or early 80's. It was on the south side of the road somewhere between Hatley and Smithville Mississippi. I think I recall someone telling me then that it was on some of the West's family property. Not sure about that though. It was off the side of the road and almost obstructed from view if you were not looking for it. Saw it out the corner of my eye and turned around to sketch it. I wasn't to much into the camera then like I am now.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: