Thursday, March 18, 2010

"ELVIS SLEPT HERE & SO DID ARNI"

This is the No. 78 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "ELVIS SLEPT HERE & SO DID ARNI"
Size: 11X14 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 100% hand made rag paper.
In the late 50 and early 60 when Elvis was still traveling by car, on his way out west to Vegas or California he always called ahead to this Motel in Clinton Oklahoma and reserve this room for himself and the two or three other room for his "boys".
Clinton is about 100 miles west of Oklahoma city on the old Route 66.
I heard about this room and got a tour of it about 5 years ago and when I went back to Clinton three years ago to judge the Clinton Arts Festival. I call to see if they would rent me that room and surprisingly they would. So that's how I got to sleep in the same bed that Elvis once slept.
You could tell that the place had run down a little but the "FEEL' was still there. Who knows that may be where he's hiding out.
It's on to GRACELAND tomorrow.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are greatly appreciated.

No comments: