Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"LUCILLE'S"

This is the No. 62 painting in my 365/2010 series.
Title: "LUCILLE'S"
Size: 9 1/2x13 1/2 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 100% rag paper.
Lucille's was one of the favorite rest stops on the Mother road, Route 66, all the way from Chicago to Los Angeles. It was definitely the most popular spot in route 66 in Oklahoma, especially with the truck drivers. It is located west of Oklahoma between El Reno and Weatherford at the little town Hydro. This is the wet side of the building looking toward the east. Many documentaries have been done about route 66 and they all include Lucille's. It was still opened in the late 70's. I was in it at least twice in the 78-79 time. I did get to meet Lucille.
I hope you enjoy what I do.
Comments and or remarks are appreciated.

No comments: