Sunday, March 14, 2010

"WHITE ON BLACK OR BLACK ON WHITE'


This is the No. 73 painting of my 365/2010 series.
Title: "WHITE ON BLACKOR BLACK ON WHITE"
Size: 22x30 inches
Medium: Watercolor on 140lb. DeArches cold pressed paper.
ZEBRA-The most beautiful of all four legged animals. That is what I think. When god designed animals with this kind of patterns and colors (or lack of) I'm thinking he generally had camouflage in mind. But what's with the ZEBRA? What is it hiding from? How can it be hidden? Where would it hide? As an Artist I've always been intrigued with maximum contrast. The difference in darks and lights. and black and white like on the Zebra a great example of maximum contrast. The back ground here is just to emphasize the stripes. I'm not trying to hide the Zebra for sure.
Next week my blog will be on the road. Watch for post from Arkansas and Mississippi.
I do hope you like what I do.
Comments and/or remarks are greatly appreciated.

No comments: